Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

srx: 6cyl with 63,518 miles had a tune..Tail pipe stays

I have a 2006 Cadliiiac SRX 6cyl with 63,518 miles had a tune up and getting 14 miles to thegal on gas . Tail pipe stays real black .What can i do
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Ok, the best thing to help increase gas mileage is to do a direct induction cleaning of the intake manifold and fuel injectors.

You will need a can of SeaFoam cleaner, a funnel and a helper.

Disconnect the large vacuum hose at the brake booster(this goes directly to intake manifold). Have helper crank engine and every few seconds, goose the gas pedal to keep engine from stalling. Stick funnel in end of disconnect vacuum hose and slowly pour contents of Seafoam into funnel.( It will smoke white out the exhaust when doing this, which is normal for this procedure.)

Once done, reconnect vacuum hose and drive for about 5 miles at hwy speeds to finish cleaning out carbon.

the above will clean carbon from valves, intake manifold and injectors.

Cost you about $10 total and will be almost identical in results to the direct induction cleaning from a shop that charges $120-150

I would also suggest using some throttle body cleaner and a rag to clean out the throttle body.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to click the accept button, however you are not charged again. Thank you
.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

.
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask for more help, otherwise please click the accept button and/or smiley face to pay for services rendered per customer agreement as this is a paysite and expert is not paid for their time, knowledge or services until you do so.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON and/or SMILEY FACE to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to click the accept button, however you are not charged again. Thank you