Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

2003 cadillac: replacing the Fuel level sensor..trunk

2003 cadillac DHS, replacing the Fuel level sensor. I have access to the fuel assembly thru an opening in the trunk. I have the replacement sensor and the opening opened to the assembly. I've removed the connectors but appears I will need to twist the assembly to get the pump assy loose. I've removed the gas cap to relieve pressure. Do I need to pull the fuel lines from the top of the pump to get the pump assy out to replace the sensor?,
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.

For the 2003 Cadillac DEVILLE Fuel Level Sensor Replacement procedure, click here. You will also need the Fuel Sender Assembly Replacement procedure, click here.

Have you removed the locknut yet? If not they make a tool for that, but if you have enough elbow room you could use a hammer and brass punch, brass so it won't cause a spark, and knock loose that lockring.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.

Here this shows how to remove the lockring.

You can purchase the tool like I said, or if you have enough room, use a brass punch and hammer and tap on either of the tabs on the ring I am pointing to.

graphic