Amedee
Amedee, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

1997 cadillac deville center instrument panel is dark

Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 5 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have not received a reply- The center instrument lights / cluster do not lite up. The side one's indicating range & average lite up - the climate control lite- s work ok - only the center panel is dark - The car drives ok, except I don't know what ger I'm in. the speed - the information lin is also blank
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What more info do you need?
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Hello!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question.

If all of the fuses are good, then either the bulbs are bad and need to be replaced or the cluster is bad and needs to be replaced. Sometimes the cluster can be removed and the bulbs can be replaced separately in the back of the cluster. IT might just be as simple as that. If not, then the entire cluster needs to be replaced.

I hope this helps!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I remove the panel to get at the cluster
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
There should be two small screws on top that hold the trim or bezel in place that need to be removed. Once they are removed, this bezel will pop right out and you will see two or four small screws holding the cluster into place.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not see any screws in the bezel or trim in place- I've looked on top and the bottom of the bezel
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Ok.. if there are no screws, then the bezel will just pop right out GENTLY prying on it using a small screw driver.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have no luck in popping out the panel
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
This is where years of experience come in handy. You might want to leave this part up to a professional.
Amedee, Cadillac Technician
Experience: ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector