Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Im looking at a esv escalade. How many miles would you say

I'm looking at a esv escalade. How many miles would you say is too many to consider for years 2003, 2005, 2007, many thanks
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Mileage has less of an impact on these as it did before.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

These are great powertrains that last very well.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

personally I like the older style, 2003 up to 2006. The newer ones seem to have a few more issues.

Customer:

I will be buying used. I have some in mind but need to know what I should look for as red flags.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

I would stay under 100000 miles

Customer:

ESCALADE ESV is what I prefer for size

Gm Tech (Cam) :

red flags, there is not alot, basically when you find them, go for a good drive first. See how it feels. Not a short drive, but 30 miles or so, let things heat up and give you time to check out all the inside stuff.

Customer:

Under 100000 for years 2003 and newer, yes

Gm Tech (Cam) :

yes,

Gm Tech (Cam) :

when you get the drive done and like it, then take it to an independant tech and have a quick look. see if there is something under it, abnormal leaks, loose parts, things like that.

Customer:

Thank you Cam. You have helped me in making up my mind.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Is there more I can get for you?

Customer:

Thank you that has cleared things up for me.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT If my answer was helpful. You can reopen it at any time by replying to it and I will answer ASAP. PLease keep in mind that as experts on this site, we are only compensated for our time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Be sure to bookmark this page (CTRL D) to reply with results or ask more if you need. Thanks again for using Just Answer. Cam.