George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

Cadillac CTS: I have a 08 Cadilliac CTS. To replace battery

Customer Question

I have a 08 Cadilliac CTS. To replace battery (located in the truck) there is a ankering bolt on the side of the battery that is nearly impossible to get to. Do I need to remove the carpeting and shrouding around the battery compartment.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

You need to remove the heat shield first, have you done that?

This question will remain open and I will continue to work with you even after you accept. The question will remain active for 7 days after our last communication.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I may have... I removed a square piece of carpet backed by card board. The battery is exposed. I have removed the neg and pos terminal connections along with bolt and rubber clamp on the front bottom battery case. But cannot reach the side bolt and rubber clamp because of more molded carpeting.

Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry I was not able to respond yesterday, it was unavoidable. I am going to opt out and see if someone else can help you if still needed.
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

Hello, different expert here,

The procedure to replace the battery is below, look this over and let me know what part of the procedure is giving you trouble.

Click here for procedure

Let me know so I can help

Thank you