Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Cadillac CTS: What does service air bag mean

What does service air bag mean
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

This is to indicate that the air bag computer has detected a fault in the air bag system.This could be anything from a faulty sensor,a faulty air bag itself or even wiring at fault.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked with a scan tool or code reader that can communicate with this air bag computer,most shops and dealers can check these codes.Once this has been done then it can be diagnosed as to what is at fault then repaired.A local parts store might read these codes free of charge as well.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!