Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years exp,Cadillac 6 yrs

1996 Cadillac deville: Occasionally the car has a long start

1996 Cadillac DeVille 4.6
Vin: 1G6KD52Y6TU209482

what should the static fuel pressure be with key off?

should the fuel pressure go to 0 and then pressure back up when key comes on.

Occasionally the car has a long start, even if fuel pressure is at 50lbs .....any ideas as to why there may be an extended start. DOES have new fuel pump, and fuel filter.

Tracer :

Hello, My name I Randall. I will do my best to assist you with your question.fuel pressure is to hold even after key is off, It may drop slightly but only down to base of 48 psi. If you drop to zero, only 2 things left since you did pump. Either leaking injector or more OR even more common, bad fuel pressure regulator. If injector? normal symptoms would beyou would have to hold gas pedal to floor to start, if you do not? then I lean to bad regulator

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We ran test on regulator by removing the return fuel line and plugging it and the pressure still goes down. do not have to put pedal to the floor.
the only way is injector(s) or bad fuel pump which you changed, with bad check valve in the pump, It cant be anything else if you blocked regualtor. it is to hold pressure at around 48 PSI