Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

What is the approx labor cost to replace front wheel hub assemblies?

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

The front wheel hub assembly sells for around $324/each for OEM and around $188/each for aftermarket (Dealers tend to use OEM, while local shops will use aftermarket. As long as the aftermarket is of "good quality" there is no problem using aftermarket vs. OEM). The labor time guide calls for 1.3 hours, per side, to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is this a frequent problem on cadillacs? The Cadillac tech told me both front hubs were a little "loose" and would need replacement sometime in the future. My car only has 45000 miles on it.
Unfortunately, yes. The Wheel Bearing/Hub Assemblies on a LOT of GM vehicles are known to wear out quickly. Believe it or not, I find the aftermarket ones last much longer. I've had really good luck with the brand name "BCA".