Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Cadillac Escalade: 02 escalade brake pressure modulator valve

02 escalade brake pressure modulator valve where is it located and is it diffult to change
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.
It is under the vehicle in the are around the drivers seat and it is not bad to change but bleeding the brakes after it is dificult.

What issue has you wanting to replace it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
service stability system light comes on went in to cadillac got a diagnostic they said i need it for 1700 trying to save
Do you know the code number?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
code co286 for abs pressure accumulator leak down tested circuits found tsb 04-05-25 for issue replace preussure accumulator switch road test code came back found internal short in brake pressure modulator valve
Ok. Then yes you need the unit. Even if you buy it, it is still best to have it installed due to the tools needed to bleed it. Regular bleeding will not get the air out of the system.