car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years as shop owner and master tech
1511099

My abs+brake+traction control lights were on. Had codes abs c1214 and abs c1248. Replaced

My abs+brake+traction control lights were on. Had codes abs c1214 and abs c1248. Replaced the EBCM with a used part from salvage yard. The three lights are off but I am now getting 2 messages when key is turned on.Service stability sys and replace brake pads. Codes c1214 and 1248 are gone but I now have codes abs c1246,1282,1284,1287 and 1288.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
did you clear the abs codes after the module install
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I ran a diagnostic check after the install. 1214 and 1248 were not current or in history.

Codes 1246.1282.1284.1287and 1288 were current. I cleared all codes and started the car. Stability and brake pad message were still there.

I shut off and checked codes again. Codes 1246, 1282,1284,1287,and 1288 were again current. These 5 codes were not current or in history on any diagnostic check before the install.

Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
if these are on this ebcm but not the other eather it had different options or this ebcm is bad
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If the ecbm is ok can it be programed to the correct options? If it can, does it need to be removed from the vehicle tp be programed?

Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.

they are usually able to be set-up on the vehicle with the gm tech2 scanner

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If the ecbm is bad I will need to replace it. If I want to find another used ecbm to replace it with, how can I tell if the replacement ecbm has the same options as my original ecbm?

Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
it is usually done by the tag numbers on the ebcm