Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Cadillac CTS: Window problem

2004 Cadillac CTS drivers window will not lower. Power windor button has power. How do I get it open and what to do to correct this?  With acc mode on I had my wife press down while I firmly placed hands on inside & outside and got the window down.  What can be done to prevents this in the future?

Hello and thanks for using just answer.Your problem sounds like the window regulator has gone bad.Inside is a regulator that the window fits into a track and when the button is pressed the window goes up and down and it is controlled by a cable on pulleys and a motor.Most of the time the cable will break and the window will not work but will move up and down by hand.Your problem sounds like the motor has gone out.I would look into replacing the window regulator assembly with a new motor and the problem will be fixed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. I will se a body shop tomorrow and get back to you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, it seems the regulator os working OK. The window goes up and down if it is not raised fully.
Let me opt out so another expert can help you.They may have more insight on the issue.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I still have the window problem.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Cadillac problem.

When window is all the way up, if you press the window switch to roll the window down, do you hear the window motor working?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The swith when down is pressed clicks. I had another person press down and I got the window to go down when I had hands on each side of the glass. The window does up & down ok as long as I don't put it all the way up.

It's like it sticks in the full up position.

If the motor does not run with the window all the way up then the regulator should be good. The window is most likely just binding in the tracks. Assist the window to get it all the way down again, then spray 100% Silicone Spray Lubricant into the tracks at the front and rear of the window. Then run the window up and down several times. This should get it working again.
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will try this tomorrow after I get a silicone spray can fron Auto Zone and let you know. Thank you.
You are welcome. Looking forward to update tomorrow.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I could not wait so I went and got the silicone spray and used it. All seems to be OK. Thank you.
You are welcome. Glad I could help, thank you for using justanswer.