Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

00 Cadillac Catera: Sport..runs fine..parking (in the garage..coolant

'00 Cadillac Catera Sport with 38K miles, runs fine, does not overheat, no strange noises or smells. Problem, after driving car, parking (in the garage) and sitting for a short period of time it starts dripping (appx. 1/4 cup usually less) of coolant-pink liquid.  Dripping is coming from left front (driver side) appx. 1.5 ft back from bumper. Does not continually leak - only after driving it and sitting for a bit. What type of technician/shop should I take it to?  An auto mechanic or Radiator Shop? Car has had a bunch of work on it (prior to me purchasing it) including a new water pump, alternator, coolant level sensor, oil pressure sensor, seals, valve cover gasket, head gasket, new pressure hoses, lines.  Runs great...just has this mystery leak.  Level in coolant reservoir is dropping slightly (coolant is pink).

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. Please DON’T hit accept until you are completely satisfied with the answer. If you need any more on it just let me know. About your vehicle.

Hard to say for sure without seeing the car but from the location I would have to say that it sounds like the auxilary coolant pump. They can leak intermitently and at different temperatures as well. You would want to have the system pressure tested to be 100% sure though and most any reputable, (certified) repair shop could do that as well as replace it if that IS the leak.

LH front of the engine compartment, to the right of the battery

Labor Times

Labor Skill
Auxiliary Water Pump
Water Pump B 0.6 0.9

Price: $96.99

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So if I have more questions after I get it checked out by a mechanic do I have to pay again or is that considered a 'follow-up' question?
That would be a follow up, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Took my car to the repair shop. They did a diagnosis/pressure test and told me the driver side tank on the radiator was cracked and that I need a new radiator. I also need a new Air Conditioner compressor. Told them to replace the radiator. I'm going to wait on the AC compressor. Hope I made the right decision.
Most definately. It is pretty cold here at this time and where ever your at I would imagine the AC wouldn't be needed anytime soon. Thanks and come again, anytime. Happy New Year!