Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

2003 Cadillac CTS Water Pump Replacement Process. I use AllDataDIY

2003 Cadillac CTS Water Pump Replacement Process. I use AllDataDIY to obtain information on how to fix certain components, but I'm having a hard time finding the step by step process to replace the Water Pump. They show how to replace the pump, but not the steps necessary to get at the pump.

I have a couple questions:

1. What steps do I take to get at the part? (removing the air handling, timing belt cover, belts etc.)
2. I also need to know what size sockets - star (male/female) I will need to perform the job.

In addition, I'm replacing the spark plugs and was looking for the steps to follow to replace those.

Thanks,
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 years ago.

2003 Cadillac CTS 6 Cylinders 3.2L MFI DOHC

For the instructions from chilton, click here.

Repair manuals don't usually tell you what size sockets or wrenches to use and even if I did find the size of the bolts, it would only be the width, length and thread of the bolts and not what size socket it uses.