Amedee, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Engine light is staying on .. ?? 2006 DTS

Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

This light comes on for emission purposes only. It could be hundreds of different things. Since you just filled up with gas, I would check the gas cap as it could be loose. If not, then you will need to get your computer scanned for codes. Your local auto parts store will likely do this for free for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
.....hello, I tried the gas cap on/off it poss. the gas cap needed replaced ? the car has 82,000 miles and was well cared for, im the 2nd owner as of last May....the car is running smooth and nicely...I dont drive much, usually just 7 miles a day to work and back....Bob
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Ok... if the gas cap was nice and tight, then you will need to get your computer scanned for codes. If you get back to me with the code number, I can point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps! Please don't forget hit the green accept button so that I may get credit for the time that I have spent with you. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

I do hope you are as honest with me about your vehicle as I have been with you. If you have any further questions or if you need more assistance, just hit the reply button and we can continue our conversation. Please remember, even if you accept my answer now, you can still repost or respond back to this thread at any time you wish at no further cost and I will be more than happy to continue to work with you until you are happy.

In addition, please allow time between answers as I may be off line spending time with my family or assisting other customers. You can always request me by using the link through my profile page. Just Click on "AMEDEE" next to my picture and I will be sure to respond back in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards