John, ASE Certified Technician

2008 cadillac SRX: a 3.6 AWD the problem is..slowly..60 mph..high gear

Hi Have a 2008 cadillac SRX with a 3.6 AWD the problem is if I start with a cold engine and slowly increase speed to say 60 mph it does not shift into high gear and lock up. I can drive forever and the tac will read 2400. If I stomp the gas for a second and them let it up it will shift and the tac will read 1800. After this procudure it will shift fine until I start out cold again.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to JA,

This could be a shift valve sticking in the valve body or possibly a faulty torque converter. I would drive with scan tool connected & view all data to see that it is correct & there is a "yes" on torque converter status (applied). If the computer shows the apply then I believe your problem is in the transmission.