Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

How to fix service ride control code on a Cadillac?

This system is controlled by Electronic Suspension Control module. It is a pretty complicated system so it is not as simple as a fuse or relay failure.
The system is supposed to be diagnosed with a scan tool. When it detects a problem within the system, it turns the warning message ON and also sets a trouble code for diagnostic purposes. 
It could be anything like a faulty sensor, compressor, 
shock absorber or wiring issue. It is not a good idea to guess and replace parts without knowing an actual reason.
These Escalades known for a vent solenoid failure .The solenoid is a part of the compressor assembly but I would not replace it without verifying at first.

Read full interaction below »

Question

How can I fix the service ride control?

Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 5 years ago.

This system is controlled by Electronic Suspension Control module. It is a pretty complicated system so it is not as simple as a fuse or relay failure.
It could be anything like a faulty sensor, compressor, shock absorber or wiring issue. It is not a good idea to guess and replace parts without knowing an actual reason.
If you give me a trouble code number, i will be able to provide you with more detailed information.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is it expensive to fix it?

Expert:  Vladgmru replied 5 years ago.
If it is a compressor failure, then a new genuine air ride compressor could be around 400-500$ plus labor to replace( could be done within an hour).
If it is a wiring issue, it depends on how much time your technician spends. I used to find and fix some problems with wiring harnesses in the right rear bottom corner area of Escalades/Tahoes for 2-2,5 Hours.