Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.

Cadillac Escalade hi just wondering how i program a new remote

hi just wondering how i program a new remote on my 08 escalade...
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Do you see the buttons for the DIC beside the clsuter?

Customer:

yes...but im not in the car though

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Ok, and you have a regular key?

Customer:

yes..and two remotes...one that i just received and one that came with the car...i want to program my second remote..

Gm Tech (Cam) :

OK, perfect. This is easy to do. turn the key on, then press the button that has the car with a i beside it. Press that until it say RELEARN REMOTE KEY

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Then press the Check button at the bottom.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

IT will say REmote LEarning Active.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Then hold the lock and unlock of the first remote until it honks,

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Then hold the lock and unlock of the second remote until it honks.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Then when you ahve them learned, turn the key off to exit the programming.

Customer:

i did that but that will deactivate the other remote...so it leaves still with only one programmed remote

Gm Tech (Cam) :

You can do both in the same programming session, just do one at a time, then straight away do the second

Gm Tech (Cam) :

This display allows you to match Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters to your vehicle. To match an RKE transmitter to your vehicle:

1. Press the vehicle information button until PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.

2. Press the set/reset button until REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE is displayed.

3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for about 15 seconds.

4. On vehicles with memory recall seats, the first transmitter learned will match driver 1 and the second will match driver 2.

A chime will sound indicating that the transmitter is matched.

5. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat Step 3.

6. Each vehicle can have a maximum of eight transmitters matched to it.

7. To exit the programming mode, you must cycle the key to LOCK/OFF.

Customer:

i guess i can try

Gm Tech (Cam) :

This is how they are designed to work so I am sure it will work.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

It worked every time I did it on one of these.

Customer:

and if it doesnt work can i recontact u??

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Absolutly.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Bookmark this page so you can easily navigate back to it, and so you know, you can reply at any time for follow up information regarding this issue, even after you accept my answer and I will reply. Please don't forget to click accept at some time as that is my only means of compensation for assisting you.

Customer:

ok great thanks for ur time so if i accept now i can still come back to the conversation right?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Yes, simply open the link and type your reply.

Customer:

ok thanks

Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.