Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2005 cadillac escalade: you buy one used with 60000 miles

the 2005 cadillace escalade truck was it a good year for the vehicle and would you buy one used with 60000 miles
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Dan :

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

Dan :

I havent seen many problems with these vehicles, the mileage is low, and its not the first year this style was built which are all positive things that would reinforce the decision to buy.

Dan :

Worst problems I've seen with these vehicles are related to the suspension which usually arent too bad to fix as long as they are diagnosed correctly. Let me know if you have any questions at all. Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We are looking for a vehicle...we drive BMW so want a good ride. We need a truck, BMW does not make one. We were looking on the internet and found a bunch of escalades and the price just dropped incredibly at the 2006-2005 age range. they want 21000 for this truck. the interior looks to be in mint condition, even the drivers side, the outside is is in snow and salt (we are canadian) and we want to know if there is a huge difference between a 2009 with 60000 miles and a 2005 with 60000 miles the price difference of course it huge..also, can one buy extended warranty for a cadillac of that age and mileage?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Yes you shoudl be able to get a certified used vehicle with a 10 year/100k warranty but I live int he U.S. so you would want to double check with dealer as things could be different in canada.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, thanks...but about the difference inthe two vehicles with the same mileage is the 2005 a lot different than a newer ones like 2009 or so?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

07 gets so much more expensive because its the newer style, thats the only reason. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so the engine, suspension, luxury ride, cab size etc stayed the same, just the style changed? We have looked at pictures of the 2011 and the styling differences seem subtle..vents on the sides etc? How about the technology on the gps?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Everything has changed, but dependability and ride are about the same from what I've seen....I dont have side by side specs to compare....I'd suggest taking each on a testdrive and deciding for yourself....I really think the main reason people would pay the extra for 07+ is for looks. let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thats a good idea. We live in a smaller city so finding a 2005 might be a challenge, but we can proceed here with caution and see what we decide. If we have a dependable, comfortable truck, the styling may not be that big a deal. The 2005 is a nice looking vehicle too. Thanks for you help. We will pursue this with a little more confidence. Thanks again. Jackie
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Happy I could help, let me know if you run into questions. I know a good website in the states in to look for vehicles.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We will check that out too>..thanks i need to do something to log out of this or do I just close this window?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
There is nothing you need to do to log out, its automatic...If you run into questions you can reply at any time. Thanks.