George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

2005 Cadillac SRX: Need to replace turn signal/drl bulb.

Hi, I am looking for some help and instructions. 2005 Cadillac SRX. Need to replace turn signal/DRL bulb. Located in bumper. Shouldn't be this difficult. Thanks in advance

Hello I will help you with your question,

Unfortunately it is this difficult to replace these. The engineers outdid themselves with this design and the "book" time is 1.1 hours to replace this light bulb.

You need to remove the lamp and then disassemble it

The best information available is below, look it over and let me know how I can help you with this

Click here

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi George,

Your answer was very helpful. However, I hate to sound like a moron, but can you further explain and how to remove air deflector and front fascia extension.

The air deflector is the panel under the truck. Pull the center of the plastic retainers so you can pull the complete retainer out of the hole and you will be able to remove the deflector from the bottom of the vehicle. I think you have already done this if you removed the fender liner.

The fascia extension removal is shown below.

click here

Again, I think you have already done this.

This is not easy under any circumstances. I use a very small 1/4" air ratchet to get into the front area with the torx bit to remove the lamp. It barely fits and does not really speed the process up much. Most techs run and hide when one of these comes in!

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I may work up my courage to try this project over the weekend. Wouldn't think that a simple bulb replacement would be this complex.

I wouldn't either but some engineer did. The kick is that the bulb is mounted in an area that sees a lot of vibration so the filament breaks. If you notice all of these running down the road with one or both out. Check the connector for burning as well from the bulb being on all the time

Let me know if I can help once you get into it. Have a 1/4" drive set handy to get into the tight space

Thank you