Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

2007 Escalade: The check engine light..steady..stabilitrak..ran fine

I have a 2007 Escalade. The check engine light is on steady and the service stabilitrak light/message comes on and goes off. The vehicle has always ran fine. The only thing I can think of that has happened recently is that we had to have a flat fixed. So spare came out for one day and was put back.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 3 years ago.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

The stability is on because of the check engine light. THis system works by first cutting engine power so an engine fault will also affect the stability system

Customer: Ok, I'm on my phone now. How do I get this conversation back on my computer & tell me what other info you need to help
Gm Tech (Cam) :

THere will be links in your email.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Or if you have the log on, you can simply log on at your PC and go to the My Questions link

Customer:

There really doesnt seem to be an engine problem. The only thing I can even think of besides changing the tire is it doesnt seem to have as much power when you accelerate. it has power and will accelerate but you know like my corvette as soon as you hit the gas it responds immediately. The cadillac seems to take more time than that now. Could it be not using premium gas? I have no idea?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

The tires will not cause a check engine light, and even though it runs fine, some sensor is out of rante.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

ARe you near a part store?

Customer:

No, I'm at home. I don't even want to drive it cuz I dont want to cause any damage. Im freaked out what a repair cost may be

Gm Tech (Cam) :

If the light is on only, then there is no chance of damage to simply drive it.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

When the check engine light is flashing then there is chance for damage.

Customer:

Ok great, so a sensor is out of range is your answer? How do we fix that and around how much will it be?

Customer:

There is a parts store here in town, what do I need from there or can they check it?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

First we need the code before I can even guess at the code, fix or price. Usually the parts stores will scan for free.

Customer:

Ok, so I go to auto zone and ask for a scan? Is there a certain type of scan?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

yes, just ask them to pull your codes and write them down.

Customer:

Then will is be another 18 for you to answer from there and what action will need to be taken? Do I have to take it to Dealership?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

No we simply continue on this chat after that.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

The dealer may become an option if the code turns out to be somethign covered under the powertain waranty.

Customer:

ok so you will wait for me to run down there and get the codes?? it may be 15-30 min??

Gm Tech (Cam) :

sure I can leave this page open if you can.

Customer:

yes!! Ill take this laptop with me.Awesome!

Gm Tech (Cam) :

ok

Customer:

can i ask you another question while we are waiting to get the codes?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Sure.

Customer:

I got the code. It is P0175 They said may be bad fuel? Said put injector cleaner in with a tank of premium gas and the light may go off in 30-50 miles. What do you think? This paper they gave me has a lot of options on it

Gm Tech (Cam) :

That is a valid code and yes, honestly it could be due to bad gas. Run a tank of high test with cleaner and see what happens.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

also do a reset. Take the battery cables off the battery, hold the ends together for 10 seconds then attach them to the battery and see what happens. This will reset the whole vehicle.

Customer:

ok and if that doesnt work?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Then we need to look at a bad oxygen sensor but I have my doubts about that.

Customer:

ok, my other question was about the heated/cooled seats. They quit working front & back for no apparent reason. Could that be a fuse?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Do the rest of the seats work properly, movement and all that?

Customer:

yes

Gm Tech (Cam) :

I doubt a fuse, more likely a module or seat element issue .

Customer:

ok, please excuse my ignorance but what is that & how do I fix it?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

That means first of all that you need to get a dealer or shop to scan that system as the scan tool the part store just used is not powerful enough.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Then you can find out what part is failing.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

I will get you the fuse numbers to check to be sure

Customer:

ok thank you for your time. Going to get cleaner and gas and drive!

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Is there more I can get you today?

Customer:

Thats it. send the fuse #'s & I'll get out of here.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

ok, one moment

Gm Tech (Cam) :

underhood fuse block fuse 43, and dash fuse block, 30 amp fuse labeled COOLED SEAT

Customer:

thnx! have a great day!

Gm Tech (Cam) :

YOu as well.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT If my answer was helpful. You can reopen it at any time by replying to it and I will answer ASAP. PLease keep in mind that as experts on this site, we are only compensated for our time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks aga

Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.