Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified

Fuse located for illuminated entry on a 2000 Cadillac Deville?

Where is the fuse located for illuminated entry on a 2000 Cadillac Deville?

Int Lp fuse 10a in the rear fuse block

The rear fuse block is under the drivers rear seat. For the wiring diagram, click here.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have already check that fuse, thinking it was the interior light fuse. That fuse is good, I even replace it still, that did not solve the problem. Here is some addition infomation. The lights will come on only if you push the individual interior lights button, like overhead, push that in and the light comes on, rear light button push that on and the lights comes on. But if you go to the light illumination light switch on the dashboard to turn the button to illuminate interior lights, no lights come on, nor if you open the door, no lights come on. I have to manually push it light button for the interior lights to come on.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
In order words, I have to manually push in each interior light button for the light, there are four, two overhead and the two in the rear on each side on head,Underneath the dash and doors lights does not come on period.
Sorry about that I was napping. Is it dark outside? Doesn't it have to be dark before that will work? I suppose you could just cover the sensor to test it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm in the garage so I can control the sensor, still nothing. I suppose I need to get a continuity tester to see if the fuse circuit is hot.

Here is how it works. According to the wiring diagram, there is also a relay and the module.

Once you get a 12 volt test light or voltmeter let me know. Look around for another relay that looks the same as that Int Lmp relay and swap it for now and see if it works now. Once you get the test light or voltmeter, check of course power to and from the fuse. Then however you turn on those illum lights do so and check for voltage exiting that relay at the dark blue/white wire at pin L12. If ok, repair the wiring to that splice SP303 or afterward. If no power coming out of relay, check for power at the module at the dark blue/white wire pin a5 or c1. Then check for power coming out of module at dark blue wire. Actually, to test the relay and the module ground the wire from the relay to the module, the gray wire. That should activate the relay.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, I'm lost, I'm at the fuse box under the seat behind the driver's seat. Where would I find the Int. Lmp relay? And where would the wires be that you are describing?

The rear integration module is located give me 1 moment

The rear integration module is behind the rear seat .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, that done it!!!!, I disconnect the RIM and reconnect it and the interior lights came back on.Everything in working normal now. Also it came to mind that since I disconnect and reconnect it, I wonder if I would have disconnect the battery that also could have re-set the module. Anyway I really appreciate the assistance, thank you again.
Disconnecting the battery may have but that may have also erased alot of other things as well.