Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

How do u reset alarm to start a cadillac deville

Customer Question

how do u reset alarm to start a cadillac deville
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is David and I will do my best to help you with your Cadillac problem.

There is no security code to reset. Since you were getting the wait 3 minutes to restart message, this indicates the signal from the chip in the key is not reaching the security module. This is a common problem and is caused by a broken wire coming off the ignition lock cylinder in the column. See picture below. Your repair options are to either replace the igntion lock cylinder or install resistors across the small white wires coming out of the steering column under the dash. The white wires come out of the thicker orange insulation. The resistance of the resistors must match the resistance across the chip in the key.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do you tell the resistance
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Use an ohmmeter and touch the leads to the metal part of the chip on each side of the key.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i would like to cancel any contract or fees to my credit card and only pay the amount of 18.00 if that is what i owe asap,i dont want to be charged any add'l.fees and dont use my credit card for anything eles with out my permission.immediate attention!!
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
I will pass this information along to the administrators. As an expert, I have no control over the customers money. I would appreciate it if you would click accept on my answer, so I can receive credit. This in no way costs you any more money. Thank you. I will be sure and pass this info along.