Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Cts: rolls over but wont start...have..half tank

my 2007 cadalic cts, rolls over but wont start. battery runs down with a few turns.have a half tank of gas. could it be altanater?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Cadillac problem.

The problem is not the alternator. The alternators job is to charge the battery after the engine is running. Your problem is likely either going to be fuel related or igniton related. Fuel related failures are more common. Take the air intake tube loose at the engine and spray starting fluid into the engine while cranking. If the engine starts, the problem is fuel related, most likely a failed fuel pump.