FIXITMAN, Master Technician

2007 Cadillac DTS: OnStar and all the wheel & mirror controls

I have a 2007 Cadillac DTS w/OnStar and all the wheel & mirror controls. I am told to get the bluetooth option for my car I need to upgrade the VCIM to a 2009 Version 8.1 VCIM.

Will this work without modifications and what part number do I order?

Thank you ,

Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 years ago.
Hello Larry, you can do this but you will need to take the vehicle to the dealer to have them reprogram the computers to communicate with the new module. If you do not then these systems will not work.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the response. I have searched with no luck to finding the 2009 DTS part number I need to order, can you give me the number. Additionally,can you tell me if this new VCIM will just plug into the same socket?

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 years ago.
I will try to get you the part number. As for a plug and play, no some of the wires will need to be cut and transfered over to work.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX give me some directions. I'll be looking for the part number.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 years ago.
I do not have the instructions on which wires need to be spliced into. This is something you need to go through. I can give you the wiring diagram for the new one though.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That would be great. When I get them and the 2009 Part number, I'll accept answer for you.

Thanks again and I look forward to the info.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 years ago.
Here is the schematic you need. As I thought, there are not specific part numbers for this part. Each module has its own decription.