David H
David H, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  18 years cadillac dealer.ase master certified.gm master certified
19861837

Seville sts: the airbag module and yet the airbag service light is

Customer Question

I have replaced the airbags and the airbag module and yet the airbag service light is still on. how do I reset it ?
2001Cadillac seville sts
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  David H replied 3 years ago.
Turn the key on
hold down the a/c off and passenger warmer button until diagnostics show on the data center
Use the fan speed low button to find the SDM
use the fan speed high button to select SDM
use the low speed button to find clear codes
use high speed button to select and clear the codes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that did not work when I hold those bottons down even for a few min. nothing comes up on the date display
Expert:  David H replied 3 years ago.
Ok try holding down the off and regular warmer buttons.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That didn't work ether is there a way you can step me thought over the phone my number is XXXXX I would like to get it fixed thanks.

Expert:  David H replied 3 years ago.
Phone numbers show as xxx-xxx-xxxx on this site.Try pushing and holding the ON/OFF and INFO buttons at the same time then follow the rest of the directions from first answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
its info reset and on/off so i cleared codes on SDM but it didn't work it said current code B0065 do you know what that means
Expert:  David H replied 3 years ago.
That code is for an open in the driver's seat belt pretensioner.Here are the directions to replace.

Removal Procedure

Caution: Refer to SIR Seatbelt Pretensioner Handling Caution in the Preface section.

Caution: Refer to SIR Inflator Module Handling and Storage Caution in the Preface section.

Object Number: 513334  Size: SH

1. Disable the SIR system.
  2. Disconnect the pretensioner 4-way electrical connector from the 2-way side air bag connector.
  3. Disconnect the 2-way seat belt switch electrical connector.
  4. Remove the driver seat.
  5. Remove the pretensioner trim cover (5) by pulling up on the front of the cover and then pulling forward.
  6. Remove the pretensioner fastener (3) and remove pretensioner (2) from seat (1).

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 513334  Size: SH

1. Install the pretensioner (2) to the seat (1). Notice that the pretensioner has a tab that fits into the seat in order to insure that the pretensioner is in the proper position.
  2.  

3. Install the fastener (3) while holding pretensioner in place.
  4. Tighten
    Tighten the nut to 41 N·m (30 lb ft).

5. Install the pretensioner trim cover by engaging the rear, then pushing down on the front.
  6. Install the driver seat back into vehicle.
  7. Carefully route the pretensioner pigtail harness (4) and seat belt wiring harness under the seat.
  8. Connect the pretensioner 4-way electrical connector to the 2-way side air bag connector.
  9. Connect the 2-way seat belt switch electrical connector.
  10. Enable the SIR system.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so does that have anything to do with the airbag light staying on

Expert:  David H replied 3 years ago.
Yes that would cause an air bag light.