John, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATIONS A1-A8 & L1 / 40 YEARS AUTOMOTIVE EXPERIENCE

Cadillac Deville remove rear door panel on right side

remove rear door panel on right side
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to JA,

I am sending the info you asked for,if you need more help ,jut let me know.

Rear Side Door Trim Panel Replacement Standard

Tools Required

Clip Zip Clip Removal Tool or Door Trim Pad Clip Remover

1. Position the window fully downward.
    Object Number: 511164  Size: SH

2. Ensure the manual lock knob (1) is in the unlock position.
  3. Insert a flat bladed tool into the top service notch in order to disengage the locking clip (2) located at the front of the manual lock knob (1).
  4. Remove the manual lock knob (1).
    Object Number: 524185  Size: SH

5. Remove the inside handle bezel from the inner door panel in the following order:
    5.1. Hold the inside handle to the open position.
    5.2. Insert a flat bladed tool at the front lower corner of the bezel.
    5.3. Pry outward on the bezel.
    5.4. Remove the bezel from the inner door panel.
  6. Remove the screw attaching the inside door handle to the sheet metal.
    Object Number: 512052  Size: SH

7. Use the special tools in order to release the eight retainers (1) around the outside edges of the door trim panel.
    Object Number: 512056  Size: SH

8. Slide the door trim panel (1) upwards to release it from the following:
    The alignment datums (4)
    The eight retainers
    The arm rest steel retainer clips (3)
    The inner belt molding (2)
  9. Disconnect the door trim panel electrical connector.

Object Number: 512053  Size: SH

1. Position the manual lock rod (1) vertically into the bell crank retainer clip (2).
    Object Number: 512054  Size: SH

2. Slide the electrical connector (4) into position on the water deflector (1).
  3. Remove the steel retainer clips (2) from the arm rest pull handle brackets.
  4. Slide the steel clips (2) into the nylon nuts (3).
    Object Number: 512056  Size: SH

5. Install the door trim panel to the inner door in the following order:
    5.1. Position the door trim panel (1) downward over the following:
    The manual lock rod
    The inner belt molding (2)
    5.2. Engage the door trim panel simultaneously into the following:
    The alignment datums (4)
    The electrical connector
    The armrest pull handle retainer clips (3)
    The eight retainers

Caution: This screw must be properly installed. This screw is critical in order to maintain retention of the inside handle to the slider-glide mechanism. Failure to properly install this screw may allow the door to unlatch during a collision, resulting in personal injury.

Object Number: 524185  Size: SH

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

6. Install the screw attaching the inside door handle to the sheet metal.

Tighten
    Tighten the screw to 0.5 N·m (4 lb in).

7. Install the inside handle bezel to the inner door panel in the following order:
    7.1. Hold the inside handle to the open position.
    7.2. Insert the rear hook on the bezel to the wood trim tab.
    7.3. Press the forward end of the bezel inward until it is fully seated.

Object Number: 512057  Size: SH

Important: Ensure the manual lock rod is in the full up/unlocked position.

8. Position the manual lock knob (1) into the bezel opening until the locking clip (2) bottoms out on the bezel.
  9. Engage the locking clip (2) located at the front of the lock knob (1) to the lock rod.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Answering questions for friend, I guess I also need to know how to replace window regulator on this car, sorry
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

That is ok, I am getting that right now,be right back.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Rear Side Door Window Regulator Replacement

1. Remove the door trim panel. .
  2. Remove the door module.
  3. Remove the water deflector. Object Number: 554990  Size: SH

4. Remove the inside handle assembly (1) in order to gain access to the window clamp attachment bolts:
    4.1. Carefully pry the front of the assembly (1) rearward.
    4.2. Pull the front of the assembly (1) outward.
    4.3. Slide the assembly (1) forward to remove.
  5. Disconnect the handle rod from the clip guide (2). Reconnect the power window switch and module.
  6. Raise the window to the full up position.
  7. Tape the window in place.

Caution: When working with any type of glass or sheet metal with exposed or rough edges, wear approved safety glasses and gloves in order to reduce the chance of personal injury.

Object Number: 524074  Size: SH

8. Loosen the window clamp attachment fasteners.
  9. Lower the regulator clamps (2) to the full down position.
    Object Number: 524067  Size: SH

10. Disconnect the electrical connector from the window regulator motor.
  11. Remove the window regulator to inner door panel fasteners (2).
  12. Remove the window regulator (1) from the inner door panel.

Object Number: 524067  Size: SH

1. Install the window regulator (1) through the access hole of the inner door panel.

2. Install the window regulator fasteners (2).

Tighten
    Tighten the fasteners to 9 N·m (80 lb in).

3. Connect the electrical connector to the window regulator motor.
    Object Number: 524074  Size: SH

Important: Ensure that the rubber insulators are properly attached to the window regulator clamps.

4. Carefully raise the window regulator clamps (2) to the full up position, engaging the window (1).
  5. Remove the tape from the window.
  6. Complete the following to properly position the window:
    6.1. Lower the window approximately 2 in.
    6.2. Seat the window fully rearward against the center pillar.
    6.3. Adjust the window forward 2-3 mm (5/64-1/8 in).
    6.4. Set the glass with the clamp fasteners.

Tighten
    Tighten the window clamp fasteners to 10.5 N·m (93 lb in).

7. Disconnect the power window switch and module.
    Object Number: 556270  Size: SH

8. Position the rear of the inside handle assembly (1) into the opening of the inner panel.
  9. Press the front of the assembly (1) inward until it fully engages the inner panel.
  10. Connect the handle rod to the clip guide (2).
  11. Install the water deflector. Install the door module. Install the door trim panel.

John, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE CERTIFICATIONS A1-A8 & L1 / 40 YEARS AUTOMOTIVE EXPERIENCE