KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

How do i reset the anti theft system on a deville 1997?

how do i reset the anti theft system on a deville 1997?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 6 years ago.

KALAMYKID :

Here are the steps. If you have any question let me know. You will need to make sure you have a fully charged battery, or a 10 amp charger conected to the battery so the battery voltage does not drop below 10 volts.

KALAMYKID :

Full Size Image

Customer:

Hi, thanks for your help. I tried your solution and it did not work.

Customer:

it shows on the car screen , @

Customer:

starting disabled due to theft system , remove ignition key

KALAMYKID :

Let me double check and see if there can be anything that will keep this from working. Will be right back.

Customer:

i found the answer by google search

Customer:

VATS bypass is the solution

Customer:

thanks for your help anyway

KALAMYKID :

If you need help in installing the bypass let me know and I can provide the location and color of the wires you need to tap into to install the bypass.

Customer:

Sorry about my last question, but I figure it out myself. Now I will give you the opportunity to anser this next question about the car.

Customer:

The computer shows a message "A/C compressor off"....."Very Low refrigerant""

Customer:

How can I turn on the AC compressor and refill with freon?

KALAMYKID :

You will need to add freon to the system to bring the pressure up and the compressor will cick back on by itself. It my come on and off back and forth till the compressor pulls in enough freeon. The low side switch will cut the compressor off as the pressure drops below 30 psi and when the pressure comes back up over 45-50 psi it will cut the compressore back on. It will do this till there is enough freon in the system to keep the low side from dropping below 30 psi, and at idle the pressor will need to be around 40 psi. The high side pressure should not get over 250 psi.

KALAMYKID :

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, as the sites email notification did not show up till this evening.