Ivan
Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technican
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.

Cadillac sedan deville diagram for removing front bench seat

Customer Question

diagram for removing front bench seat 2001 Cadilac Sedan, The seat appears to be stuck in the channel to go forward and back. The motor will hum. I believe the track is clogged up.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to JA,

You sure this is a bench seat ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is a split bench two seats with a console in the center 2001 Deville
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is a split bench two seats with a console in the center 2001 Deville. 60/40 I believe it's called
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Ok,

Having a little problem ,file is HTML & it must be JPEG to work on JA>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can you convert it to a pdf and send it that way?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
John should I stay turned?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I am going to opt out so another expert can help you. Have a good evening.
Expert:  Ivan replied 3 years ago.

Hello and good evening, John just dropped me a line to see if I could help. I can't find a 60/40 seat listed, only bucket seats. I can send you the procedure for the buckets and the anchor locations will be close enough to work. Would you like those?

Your JA Expert,

Ivan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ivan, I'm pretty sure they are called 60/40 seats the one found on most all full size Sedan Cadillac"s for many years. I had the same type on my 97 and 99. This 2002 model has many of the controls and motors under seat I also believe a module for the seat belts is their also.
Expert:  Ivan replied 3 years ago.

I know exactly the style you are referring to. I am going to send you the info for the bucket seats. The anchor points will be the same as on the 60/40 seat. The rails sit in the same spot as the buckets, so they should allow you to access and unbolt the seat. For whatever the reason, the 60/40 option does not show up with repair info in my system. This happens sometimes, but I think this will help you.

Seat Replacement - Bucket

Removal Procedure

Caution: Refer toSIR Caution in Cautions and Notices.

1. Disable the SIR System. Refer toDisabling the SIR System in SIR.

1. Move the front seat rearward in order to access the front seat track trim covers (1).
  2. Remove the seat track trim covers (1), both left and right, from the seat track.

Notice: Do NOT tilt the front seat forward because this will damage the seat storage tray.

1. Remove the front seat storage tray. Refer toStorage Tray Replacement - Front Seat (See: Interior Moulding / Trim\Console\Service and Repair\Storage Tray Replacement - Front Seat) .

1. Remove the front seat track anchor fasteners (1).
  2. Move the seat to the full forward position.
  3. Position the seat back to the vertical position.

1. Remove the trim cover (1) and remove the anchor fastener access plug (2) from the rear of the seat track.

1. Remove the anchor fasteners from the rear of the seat track.

1. Disconnect the seat electrical connectors.
  2. With the aid of an assistant, remove the seat from the vehicle.

Installation Procedure

1. With the aid of an assistant, install the seat into the vehicle.
  2. Connect the electrical connectors.

Notice: Refer toFastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

1. Install the track anchor fasteners to the rear seat.

Tighten the fasteners to 30 N.m (22 lb ft).

1. Install the track trim cover (1) and the fastener access plug (2).

1. Move the front seat rearward.
  2. Install the track anchor fasteners (1) to the front seat.

1. Install the track trim covers (1) to the front seat.
  2. Install the storage tray to the front seat. Refer toStorage Tray Replacement - Front Seat (See: Interior Moulding / Trim\Console\Service and Repair\Storage Tray Replacement - Front Seat) .
  3. Enable the SIR System. Refer toEnabling the SIR System in SIR.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could you send me the info for disenabling and enabling the SIR or would disconnecting the Battery do it.

Expert:  Ivan replied 3 years ago.

Try not to disconnect the battery. Many unforeseen issues arise from that, so try to avoid it at all costs. Below is the procedure to disable the SIR system. You should be able to unbolt the seats and relocate them without disabling the bags if you don't disconnect the connectors or stress the wiring harnesses. Here is the complete procedure though.

Disabling the SIR System

1. Turn the steering wheel so that the vehicle's wheels are pointing straight ahead.
  2. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
  3. Remove the key from the ignition switch.

IMPORTANT: With the SIR fuse removed and the ignition switch in the ON position, the AIR BAG warning lamp illuminates. This is normal operation, and does not indicate an SIR system malfunction.

1. Remove the rear seat.
  2. Remove the SIR fuse from the rear fuse block.

1. Remove the driver sound insulator.
  2. Remove the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) (1) from the driver yellow connector (3) located next to steering column (2).
  3. Disconnect the driver frontal air bag yellow connector (4) from the vehicle harness yellow connector (3).

1. Remove the passenger sound insulator.
  2. Remove the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) (4) from the passenger yellow connector (1) located above the passenger sound insulator.
  3. Disconnect the passenger (IP) frontal air bag yellow connector (2) from the vehicle harness yellow connector (1).

1. Remove both Connector Position Assurance (CPA) locks (3) from the driver side (seat) air bag and pretensioner yellow connector (1) located under the driver seat.
  2. Disconnect the driver side air bag and pretensioner yellow connector (2) from the vehicle harness yellow connector (1).
  3. Remove both Connector Position Assurance (CPA) locks (3) from the passenger side (seat) air bag and pretensioner yellow connector (1) located under the passenger seat.
  4. Disconnect the passenger side air bag and pretensioner yellow connector (2) from the vehicle harness yellow connector (1).

IMPORTANT: The above procedures will disable the SIR system. If vehicle is equipped with optional Rear Air Bags (AW9) the following steps must be done, to completely disable the SIR system.

1. Remove the rear seat back.
  2. Remove the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) from the passenger rear side air bag yellow connector (3).
  3. Disconnect the passenger rear side air bag yellow connector (3) from the vehicle harness yellow connector (2).
  4. Remove the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) from the driver rear side air bag yellow connector (3).
  5. Disconnect the driver rear side air bag yellow connector (3) from the vehicle harness yellow connector (2)..

For a description of the RPO Code(s) shown in this article/images refer to the RPO Code List found at Vehicle/Application and ID