Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

1994 cadillac: sedan deville..a service ride control message

I have a 1994 cadillac sedan deville. I keep getting a "service ride control" message whenever I start my car. Otherwise, everything is perfect. Is this a serious to be problem or is it a way for service to make money?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

Press and hold the warmer and off buttons to check diagnostic codes......This can be many things such as a height sensor, air compressor, strut, ect. Let me know what codes you get.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no warmer button. There is a display on and off button but no warmer button. Please reply.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

There shoudl be a "Off" button and "warm" button. Do you have a button to make temp warmer? If so pres and hold those two buttons.

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Here is a picture of buttons to press.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i039 current

i052 history

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

GM has a Technical Service Bulletin # XXXXX for this vehicle that consists of replacing the electronic struts with standard struts, then disabling the message for this system. After the struts have been replaced, enter the onboard diagnostics by pressing the Off and the Warmer buttons at the same time on the climate panel and hold until everything lights up. After any codes are displayed a PCM? will appear, press the Low fan button until IPC? appears. When IPC? is displayed, push the High fan button then it will say IPC Data?, push the Low fan button until IPC Overrides? is displayed then hit the Hi Fan button again. "IS00" will appear, push the Hi Fan button to go to IS08. After a second a number will appear, push the cooler button to decrease that number by 8, (if the number is XXXXX push the cooler button until 00 appears. If it goes too far, push the warmer button to increase). Once the number has been decreased by 8, press and hold the "ECON" and "FRONT DEFROST: buttons until the new value flashes once. Shut off key for 10 seconds, then when the vehicle is started the message should be out. If not, repeat the procedure. (This procedure is reconfiguring the vehicle to tell it is not equipped with the speed sensitive suspension option).

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll have to go the dealer to get the standard struts you write about. Do you have any idea of the cost or is that another question? Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
You can buy them from the parts store too.....cheaper that way. But Around $300 for both I believe. Let me know if you run into questions. Thanks.