Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

SRX: I have a CD stuck in the CD player

Customer Question

I have a CD stuck in the CD player of my SRX. It does not even reflect that a CD is in the player but I know that there is one in it. The only function it allows me to do is to LOAD but when I press the LOAD button a message displays reflecting a "CD Error". How do I get the CD out of the player?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 years ago.

Please include the year,make,model,sub-model,engine,2wd,4wd,flex,gas,diesel. Please click accept when done, thank you and come back often.

I found a tsb, click here that says if the current radio has software version 3.13 and exhibits these conditions, technicians are to exchange the radio through an authorized Electronic Service Center.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 years ago.

I found another tsb that says, "Disconnect battery power from the radio to reset the CD mechanism. Will the CD eject?" and "Is the disc stuck? If it is, pull the radio fuse and try to eject the disc again."

For that tsb, click here.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 years ago.
Also, from Chilton, "To eject a single CD press and release the EJECT button. To eject multiple CDs, press and hold the EJECT button for at least 3 seconds."