John, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATIONS A1-A8 & L1 / 40 YEARS AUTOMOTIVE EXPERIENCE
6408229

rear window is off the track on Cadillac CTS

Category: Cadillac
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Hello &Welcome to JA,

When this happens the window Check the window regulator clamps and out of the front window run channel in the procedure I am sending.

Rear Side Door Window Replacement

Caution: When working with any type of glass or sheet metal with exposed or rough edges, wear approved safety glasses and gloves in order to reduce the chance of personal injury.

1. Lower the window all the way down.
  2. Remove the door trim panel.
  3. Remove the water deflector.
  4. Remove the window inner belt sealing strip. Refer
  5. Remove the inner window seal.
  6. Remove the window outer belt sealing strip.
  7. Remove the door applique.
  8. Connect the door trim panel electrical connector.
  9. Run the window to the full up position.
  10. Tape the window in the up position.
    Object Number: 758774  Size: SH

11. Remove the rear door stationary window post bolt.
  12. Loosen the window clamp nuts 4 revolutions.
  13. Using the power window switch, lower the window regulator to the full down position.
  14. Remove the tape.
  15. Slide the window down past the window regulator clamps and out of the front window run channel.
  16. Lift the window out of the door.

Object Number: 758774  Size: SH

1. Install the window down into the door assembly, inboard of the rear door stationary post, past the window clamps.
  2. Position the glass into the stationary window post channel.
  3. Raise the window past the window clamps.
  4. Lower the window into the window clamps.

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

5. Install the stationary window post bolt.

Tighten
    Tighten the bolt to 9 N·m (80 lb in).

6. Push the glass forward into the front glass run channel.

Important: Start the vehicle in order to ensure maximum power to the window motor. This is required to fully seat the window for adjustment.

7. Start the vehicle.
  8. Using the power window switch, raise the window to the full up position.

Tighten
    Tighten the window clamp nuts to 11 N·m (98 lb in).

9. Inspect the window for proper operation and a tight seal.
  10. Shut off the vehicle.
  11. Install the inner window seal.
  12. Install the window outer belt sealing strip.
  13. Install the window inner belt sealing strip. Install water deflector.Install the door trim panel. .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
seems too complex for my abilities
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Well,this may be .in that situation I suggest you have a qualified Cadillac man repair it.
John, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE CERTIFICATIONS A1-A8 & L1 / 40 YEARS AUTOMOTIVE EXPERIENCE