Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase certified service manager

Cadillac Deville How do I reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring

How do I reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System for all 4 wheels on a 2004 Cadillac DeVille ?
Thanks for visiting Just Answer, you have to have special tool: in order to reset the TPMS.

A link to purchase this tool is :

The easiest way, would be call discount tire company and ask them to do it for you. They will likely do it cheaper than most places.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. If the Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) learn mode cannot be enabled, verify that the TPM option is enabled in the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR).

2. Simultaneously press the keyless entry transmitter's lock and unlock buttons until a horn chirp sounds, indicating that the mode has been enabled.
IMPORTANT: If the horn chirp does not sound after 15 seconds, remove and then replace the sensor activating tool over the valve stem.

3. Starting with the left front tire, hold the J-41760 sensor activating tool over the left front valve stem until a horn chirp sounds.

4. After the horn chirp sounds, proceed as in step 3 to the next sensors in the following order:
- Right front
- Right rear
- Left rear

5. After the left rear sensor ID is learned, a double horn chirp will sound, indicating that all 4 sensor IDs have been learned.

6. Turn OFF the ignition.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can't this also be done with magnets ?
Well the tool ultimately is a magnet, but as far as I know they also give off an RF wavelength. But I guess it's worth a shot. Our kit comes with a magnet, but I haven't used the magnet alone before. It's worth a shot I guess, but if it does not work the tool will be needed. The magnet that looks like ours is here click here