Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

2007 Cadillac CTS: the airbag light..sunroof..assembly..passenger side

I have a 2007 Cadillac CTS that the airbag light has come on since I had to remove the sunroof assembly. The rear view mirror now does not show that the passenger side airbag is engaging. I had to unplug the rear view mirror in order to pull the headliner down. Can this airbag sensor be reset. The car has never been in a wreck and was working properly before the sunroof assembly was removed. All items in the car work properly except that this light on the dash for the airbag is on and the onboard radio display now says service airbag.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

What may have happened is a fault code may have set when these devices were unplugged when removing the sunroof assembly and the failure code set in the air bag computer may just need to be reset.

This can be done using a scan tool at a shop or dealer and a parts store might clear this code for free as well as I have heard of in some places.

I would have the codes checked in the air bag system to make sure there isn't a current fault in the system,if there is it would have to be diagnosed as to why there is a fault then repaired before the code can be cleared out to turn off these messages.

Most likely this is just a history code that needs to be cleared out using a scan tool.Verify that everything you unplugged during the sunroof removal has been plugged back in as well.

But this is the only way to turn this message off is by using a scan tool to read and clear out the failure codes.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!