Jettadan1
Jettadan1, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  Most of our fleet is chevy. I work on them all the time
17254274

You remove the intake manifold to replace the PCV rubber connector

How do you remove the intake manifold to replace the PCV rubber connector underneath the manifold. Do it need to come completely off or can it be lifted and reconnected?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.

My Answer is based on clues, symptoms and info in your question. Please include everything.

Once sight shield is off you should be able to get to it. look over the replacement procedures to make sure we are talking about the pcv fresh air tube. Click here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The PCV valve is plugged into the valve cover nearest to the fire wall. There is a robber hose connecting the PCV valve to a black line that run underneath the intake manifold. This is where the disconnect is at. I can pull the line all the way out from under the intake manifold and it has a rubber hose that is dry rotted and cracked on it's end, it should be connected to something.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, this is what I need. I'm going to start on this now, wish me luck.
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.
Ok good luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I replyed yesterday and clicked "Accept Answer" after I finished the repair on the car. It was just what I needed to do the job, excellent!! Thanks for your help and I want to make sure you get paid. I just get an email saying that I didn't accept your answer but paypal has already taken my money out of my checking account and paypal. I don't want to get charged twice for this transaction, please let me know if there is still something I need to do to finish this transaction.
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.

I dont see that your accept went through. You are charge for value of question and JA holds it. They dont release half the value of question to me unless you click on accept.

You will know when you click on accept as it will ask you for feeback and if you want to add a bonus. Kinda like a resturant your total price is approved and if you leave bonus or tip it will be added to total bill.

Jettadan1, Cadillac Technician
Experience: Most of our fleet is chevy. I work on them all the time