Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Cadillac: CTS...What do I need to do to get a new key made

I have lost my key to my Cadillac 2005 CTS. What do I need to do to get a new key made?

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

You can call your local dealership and have them make you a key off the Vin number.....then when you go to pick it up bring proof of ownership. The key will cost around $60-$100.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What if the starter cylinder has been previously replaced due to a repo?
That is fine.....it wont cause issues or security problems.
Unless you had to have a new key made when cylidner was replaced.....If thats the case cylinder and key will need to be replaced.....If you used the same key then just have a new key made.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
A new key was made and the original ignition keys were disabled. Door and trunk open with original keys.
Ok....your going to either replace cylinder and key again or call locksmith you dealt with last time and see if they have a record of key specifications.