Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years exp,Cadillac 6 yrs

How do you replace the HID Headlight bulb in a 2007 Cadillac DTS

Hello, you will have to lower whatever corner of the bumper facia to get to the bulb cover. Below is the headlight replace, after that is for facia. Remember, only need to unfasten on end and lower down, you do not need to remove the whole facia as the info shows.

Headlamp Bulb Replacement

Front Bumper Fascia Replacement

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you tracer, will I need any special tools?

The negative battery terminal is under the rear seat? By disconnecting the battery will any of the electronics have to be reset?

How long should this take?

Cant say how long, maybe an hour ? you can undo battery but will lose any programmed things like radio, or optional info. Be sure to unhook NEG side not POS. Special tools? none that I can think of , just standard tools to include metric. You can leave battery connected if you want but.. be sure headlights are NOT turned on at any point. Your call
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tracer do you normally undo the neg battery terminal or leave it connected? I'm thinking the only way to guarantee that the power is disabled is to disconnect.