Jettadan1, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  Most of our fleet is chevy. I work on them all the time

1993 Cadillac Allante: bcm (body control module..traction control

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Cadillac Allante and the information display says "Service Ride Control". I have taken it to a Cadillac dealer who says i need a BCM (body control module) and a
EBTCM wich I think stands for electronic brake and traction control module. Does that sould like a reasonable diagnosis? The car runs and handles fine. I asked if they can just turn off the message but they say it's not possible; that it keeps coming back on.
They cannot locate the parts but I may have found them myself but hesitate to order them in fear of buying something not needed. I have little confidence in the dealership since the parts manager didn't even know who made the Allante.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 6 years ago.

My Answer is based on clues, symptoms and info in your question. Please include everything.

Hi I would get to another mech . If you need the module you can have it rebuilt at But this just seems like a bad sensor to me.