Jettadan1
Jettadan1, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  Most of our fleet is chevy. I work on them all the time
17254274

2008 Escalade: overheating..tow truck drops..dealership..freeway

Customer Question

My 2008 Escalade keeps overheating and I keep having to call for a tow. However, once the tow truck drops off the Escalade at the dealership, it starts. Nothing is showing on the test that anything is wrong with it, yet this keeps happening to me at the most inconvenient of times (usually on the freeway with my 9 year old). Could there be something wrong with the electrical system because the dealership is not getting an indicator that anything is wrong when my Escalade is hooked up tot he machines?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 6 years ago.

This is probably a sticking thermastate. I would replace the thermastate. they stick some times and then when ther cool down they are ok till they try to open just the wrong way to let coolant cool engine.