David H
David H, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  18 years cadillac dealer.ase master master certified

1998 cadillac deville: I changed fuel pressure regulator..EGR

My 1998 cadillac deville keeps stalling when I'm waiting at a red light. I changed fuel pressure regulator, the idle control and the EGR and I still have the same problem. I also changed the wires and plugs. All parts GM. The coded that come up in the computer are PCM P1599, IPC B2511, SDM B1136, SDM B1147, SDM B1148, SDM B1327, and RFA B3108. Can any help me out. Thanks George
The p1599 is a stall detected code.The other codes are not related to a stall condition.I have had many intermittent stall conditions over the years on your model.Usually crankshaft position sensors or ignition control module fixes the problem.There are 2 crank sensors.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks it was the crank sensors, also my friend has the same car and had the same problem and it was the battery terminals where loose and it would stall the car out. Thanks again for your time to help me with this crazy motor!