Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

Cadillac CTS: a sudden acceleration issue..shifting..shifter..brakes

Customer Question

Have you heard of a sudden acceleration issue with the Cadillac CTS 2010 vin# XXXXX
We have driver that indicates that he was having trouble shifting vehicle into drive and was pushing button and shifter when all of sudden he got into drive and then vehicle accelerated on its own and brakes were not stopping vehicle until he hit others vehicles that caused the vehicle to stop. Further he stated that the gauges did not fluctuate when you intially turn on the vehicle they never moved.

My name isXXXXX am a claims adjuster for Nationwide.
[email protected] or XXX-XXX-XXXX

Thank you for your time
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 6 years ago.

Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

I did some quick research on this and didn't locate any problems ever seen with this on this vehicle.I personally have never seen this but the 2010 is a newer model so I haven't seen to many of these with problems just yet.

This might be something you may want to contact a dealer with to see if they had heard or seen this and GM as well,but from my searches I haven't found anybody else that has experienced this.

Here is a link to the Cadillac site which has contact emails and numbers as well.

I hope this helped,if you need anything else let me know,Thanks Pete!