Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Cadillac DeVille DTS: oil pressure..sending unit..oil filter housing

03 Cadillac DeVille DTS changing oil pressure sending unit. I changed this last year leaking now I took oil filter housing down to change. Is that the proper way to change? trying to install I ripped plug off wires. I unplugged a bunch of plugs to try to get the harness down enough to work on I can only find 2 wires taped together the plug is 4 prong I got the Cadillac connector 12085539 all 4 wires are grey the old plug wires ripped out the only wire identifiable was the top middle brown Is there 4 wires or only 2 how can I identify which wires go to new plug & how long should I leave the wires on new plug?
Only two wires on this, a tan/black and a black wire, in pins a and b respectively. Connector should be marked to tell you which pin is which. Just leave the wires long enough to allow you to work with it, leaving a lot of wire there is probably going to cause it to get up into that exhaust crossover pipe and get burned.

That's a tough spot to work in, would be easier probably to just pull the front engine mount right out of it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
DO YOU HAVE A PIC OF THE PLUG THAT SHOWS A & b?
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
EHANKS