Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

The front AC blower on my 2005 Escalade isnt working. The

The front AC blower on my 2005 Escalade isn't working. The rear blower works fine and the air is cold, so I'm assuming it's just the fan/blower and not the condenser. Could it be as simple as checking/changing the fuses?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

Did it stop working all at once, or did you lose the lower fan speeds at first?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I feel like I lost them gradually, but I'm not sure I lost the lower first- may have been the higher. Now I can't get any of the speeds to work, but I do get cold air flowing in when I'm on the highway. Like it's being forced in. It's defintely cooled air, but the when I slow down the air flow stops too. So for now I've been turning on the rear AC to cool the car down a little bit, but obviously this isn't a good long-term solution.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

Ok, you have a faulty blower control module, which is located underneath the passenger side of the dash. GM has an updated part number, so you will want to buy the part from the dealership: #93803636.

It is fairly easy to replace yourself. Takes maybe 15 minutes. Remove the trim panel underneath right side of dash and look up behind dash and you will see the control module next to the blower motor:

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Eric- what's the ballpark cost on that part?
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

Believe it is around $75 for the part