Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

Deville: Caddy..overheating..thermostat replaced, and radiator cap

My 99 Caddy Deville is overheating. Radiator replaced, thermostat replaced, and radiator cap replaced. What else could be the problem, still overheating.
~Donald Gagnon
Hello Donald Gagnon.
Thanks for choosing JustAnswer.
First of all, make sure your colling fans come On when the engine gets hot.
If the problem happens only after driving( mostly after high speed driving), I should have your cooling system checked for exhaust gases presence.These northstar engines have had some problems with head gaskets and head bolts and that usually causes overheating.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The car is overheating even when I take it for short drive around the neighborhood, at normal speeds?
Will it overheat if you let it run at idle?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Temp went to 248 after idling for about 20 minutes.
Make sure your water pump belt is OK.
Make sure you have adequate coolant circulation. You can try to turn your heater ON( Full heat and MAX blower). You should get very hot air and engine temp should go down , otherwise there is no coolant circulation. It is possible that your water pump is bad ( could be an impeller issue).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are waterpumps on these types of cars typically go bad? My car only has 76000 miles on it?
I wouldn't say it is a comon problem, but anything can happen. I have seen water pumps( on other models) with impeller out off the shaft or with completely corroded impellers.
If you have a faulty water pump, it is very likely that you heater won't produce any heat and your radiator may not be hot even though the engine is going to overheat.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you very much for your time and just to let you know I appreciate your help.

You are welcome.

Please do not forget to click the green accept button if my answers have been helpful in any way.

That is the only way I get paid for my time and effort from your deposit.

I would also be glad to know how it turns out.