Mr GOODWRENCH
Mr GOODWRENCH, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM CERTIFIED 10+ Yrs experience
43220722

2004 cadillac deville: my stability system..worst case senario price

my stability system on my 2004 cadillac deville comes on every now and then..if it needs to be fixed what is the worst case senario price wise
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Mr GOODWRENCH replied 6 years ago.
Hello I will be helping you with your Deville. When the service stability light comes on it will set a code, and when it no longer has the fault the light will go off and then the code is stored in history. Do you by chance know the code that is causing the light to come on? Auto Zone maybe able to check this system for you its in the Brake section. Its kinda hard to say without the code. If you can get that code I can try to help a little bit more
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so are you saying if i go to auto zone they have a device that can see what the code is?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i just called autozone and they dont have a scanner for that.

You could take it to a dealership and get them to do a diagnosis first. They may charge you for this. This is the only way to get the code unless you know someone with a scan tool
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have made an appt to take to dealership on monday..thanks for your help
Glad to help. At least get them to check it and it could be something minor especially if the light doesnt stay on. Thanks for using Just Answers