Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

How do i change sparks plugs on a 2002 cadillac deville

Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

this system doesnt use long spark plug wires it uses a coil on plug system,

First remove the engine service cover.(The plastic piece that has the Cadillac symbol on it) Then disconnect the coil connector which sits to the right of the coil and should just snap off by hand. Next If you remove the screws that holds the coil pack (8 screws) to the top of the cam covers, you will see 4 black round rubber boots that sit on top of the plugs. Pull the boots free to expose the plugs. The tops of the spark plugs sit directly underneath.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have doen this , but can not get to the 4 plugs in the back - do I need to drop the motor or how do I get to the 4 in back?

Does this engine have the two front upper motor mount braces that connect to the motor and the upper radiator support?

Let me know,Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hello are you there?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm going to accept the answer but need more info - thanks

ok what might work here is the mounts can be reomved and then a tie strap can be used to pull the engine forward some to gain access to remove pipes,hoses and brackets to then be able to remove the rear cover to gain access,this is a tight fit and will take some time.