Goodwrench9124
Goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer,Hrybrid certified
5720312

How do I reset the oil change light on my 2007 Cadillac CTS There

How do I reset the oil change light on my 2007 Cadillac CTS?

There car has no navigation. I have to turn it in today for end of my lease and the light came on yesterday.

Thanks
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Goodwrench9124 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome. do you have a drivers info center?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i dont even know, sorry but probably if i check manual i will find it

That is ok. I will post both ways.

How to Reset the Engine Oil Life System

To reset the Engine Oil Life System, use the following steps:

1. Press the up and down arrow on the INFO button located to the right of the driver information center (DIC) menu.
  2. Once XXX% ENGINE OIL LIFE menu is highlighted, press and hold the CLR button. The percentage will return to 100, and the oil life indicator will be reset. Repeat the steps if the percentage does not return to 100.
  3. Turn the key to OFF.

If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL message comes back on when you start the vehicle, the Engine Oil Life System has not reset. Repeat the procedure.

Vehicles without DIC

1. With the engine OFF, turn the ignition key to RUN.
  2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal slowly three times within five seconds.
  3. Turn the key to OFF, then start the vehicle.

If the light or message comes back on when you start the vehicle, the OIL LIFE SYSTEM has not reset. Repeat the procedure.

Navigation System

To reset the oil life indicator:

1. Turn the system on by pressing the PWR/VOL knob once. The PWR/VOL knob is located to the lower left of the DIC display.
  2. Press the INFO button located in the left of the display to access the Vehicle Information (Information) menu.
  3. Turn the TUNE/SEL knob located to the lower right of the display until the Engine Oil Life is highlighted. Press the knob once to select it.
  4. Once XXX% ENGINE OIL LIFE is displayed, press the multi-function button next to the RESET prompt in the upper right corner of the display. The percentage will return to 100, and the oil life indicator will be reset. Repeat the steps if the percentage does not return to 100.
  5. Turn the key to OFF.

Experience: Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer,Hrybrid certified