john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech

2006 Cadillac CTS: cylinders..running rough..idle and at stable speeds

I have a 2006 Cadillac CTS w/53k miles showing misfire codes on cylinders 2, 4, & 6 (all same side). The car is running rough in idle and at stable speeds, it only evens out during acceleration. This problem started overnight, not gradually. Is this an electrical problem or might I be able to just solve with fuel injector cleaner and/or replacing the fuel filter?
how many miles on the car?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Most missfires are spark plug or coil related ..... I would start with spark plugs and a check of the ignition coils for signs of arching or burning

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Why would all 3 spark plugs (2,4, & 6) go out simultaneously on one side of the engine though? I've never heard of 3 plugs or coils (they are mounted on the plug) going out at the same time

they have been know to, one easy way to tell if there is no damage is to move the coils to 1 3 and 5 and see if the miss fires move ...if they do you just solved your issue.

it could be a wireing issue to the injectores it could be a clogged injector rail it could be a head or intake gasket leak, some basic trouble shooting will be required to pinpoint the issue

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, you don't think bad gas would be the reason? I'll pay you after this one...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.

its very unlikley, i would check the plugs and coiuls first

you can try a fuel system treatment like chevron techtron and see if it clears it up