Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

1999 cadillac eldorado power seats not working

Neither of the front seats in any position? thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes Sir won't move any which way, It was infrequent now cannot move either seat anywhere. Horn is now out too..
Access one of the switches in the front, the black wires should have good ground and the red wires should have good power.......If no ground run a new ground, if no power check the 30 amp circuit breaker under the hood if its good you have a wiring problem on the red wire..I woudl just go ahead and replace the circuit breaker.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello. Thank you. Where is circuit breaker. I know where fuse box is on drivers side shock tower. Could this have something to do with hgorn too. I will check out tommorrow and get back to you
Thanks again
The horns work off the same circuit breaker so I think that is your problem. You should be able to find the circuit breaker if not let me know and I'll try to find a picture. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You are awesome. Thanks I will get back to you tommorrow
Ok, I'll talk to you then. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello, Going to get going on this this morning, can you give me an idea where the breaker is? Will it be labeled?

Thank You
Its in the fuse box under the hoox and it should be labeled 30 amp seat breaker. Let me know if you have troubles finding it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello Found it, The surrounding cover had to come off, I found the breaker bottom was hot, so swapped out with window relay. Problem fixed.

Thanks Much I have a 88 Mercedes 300 sel I might need help with, are you familiar with them?

Thank You

Thats good to hear its all working like it should be. I'm not that familiar with the 88 mercedes but have a good understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in general so I would maybe be able to help. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The breaker replacement heated up with ignition on weird, then it would stop functioning, Fired up compressor and blew all the garbage from out from under seats,,, seems to have stopped passenger seat smelt of maybe elctrical burning.. but is functioning now. The mercedes needs some form of suspension fix it is like it needs shocks, but I think i see strut towers, when you step on brakes it goes clunk a clunk up front weird.. if you can give me an idea what's up i will just pay you here, as i did for Cadillac..

That question would probably be better for someone who is more familiar with the vehicles, I dont think the struts are the cause of the noise.