Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

95 Cadillac Eldorado how to reset code for serivice Ride control

Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

graphic

OPERATING ON-BOARD DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM
To enter diagnostic mode, proceed as follows:

1. Turn ignition "ON."
  2. Depress the "OFF" and "WARMER" buttons on the Climate Control Center (CCC) simultaneously and hold until the segment check appears on the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) .

TROUBLE CODE DISPLAY
After entering On-Board Diagnostics, a segment check is automatically performed and then any trouble code stored in computer memory will be displayed. Codes may be stored for the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) , Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) , Air Conditioning Programer (ACP) , Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) Traction Control System (TCS) or Road Sensing Suspension (RSS) systems.

Each trouble code consists of the system abbreviation: (E: Engine, PCM), (I: IPC), (A: ACP), (R: SIR), (T: TCS), (S: RSS), a three digit code identifier, and the letter C or H. All codes for each system are displayed together, in the order of their three digit number (lowest first). The final digit of the code, a "C" or "H" is used to indicate whether the code is Current or History. A "C" means the fault was still present the last time the diagnostic test was run, while "H" means the failure was not present the last time the code was tested for.

If no codes are present for a system, a "NO X CODE" message (with "X" being the system i.e. E, I, A, R, T or S) will be displayed. If the communication line to a component is not operating, a "NO X DATA" message will be displayed, indicating that the IPC could not communicate with that system.

SELECTING THE SYSTEM
After trouble codes have been displayed, a specific vehicle system PCM, IPC, ACP, SIR, TCS, RSS may be selected for testing.

The first available system will be automatically displayed (i.e. PCM?). While selecting the system to test, any of the following actions may be taken:

1. Depressing the "HI" button on the CCC will select the displayed system for testing.
  2. Depressing the "LO" button on the CCC will display the next available system selection. This allows the display to be stepped through all system choices. This list of systems can be repeated following the end of the system list.
  3. Depressing the "OFF" button the CCC will stop the system selection process and return the display to the beginning of the trouble code sequence.

SELECTING THE TEST TYPE
Having selected a system, the first available test type will be displayed (i.e. PCM DATA?, PCM CLEAR CODES?). While selecting a specific test type, any of the following actions may be taken:

1. Depressing the "HI" button on the CCC will select the displayed test type. At this point the first of several specific tests will appear.
  2. Depressing the "LO" button on the CCC will display the next available test type for the selected system. This allows the display to be stepped through all available test type choices. This list of test types can be repeated following the display of the last test type.
  3. Depressing the "OFF" button on the CCC will stop the test type selection process and return the display to the next available system selection.
CLEAR CODES
Selection of "CLEAR CODES?" test will result in the message "CODES CLEARED" being displayed along with the selected systems name. This message will appear for 3 seconds and then return to the next available test type.

EXITING DIAGNOSTIC MODE
To get out of the diagnostic mode anytime during the test, depress the "AUTO" or "DEFOG" button, or turn the ignition switch "OFF." Trouble codes are not erased if this is done prior to selecting "CODES CLEARED."
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 years ago.
Your welcome and come again, anytime, thanks