Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.

sts: glove compartment rca input jacks for an ipod or sirius..cad

Customer Question

How do I use my factory in the glove compartment rca input jacks for an ipod or sirius? 2000 cad sts
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 years ago.

Connect your device & be sure it is playing
Push "Source" on the Front of the Factory Unit until you find the device playing

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I will try again, but had no luck before. It has factory navigation built in to it also. It only shows CD ( it has a factory 6 disc changer also) FM1 , FM2, AM, WX so far. I will try tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks, Tony

Thank You
Just be sure the device is playing first

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, but in the week or so before I emailed you, after I did get your answer and went out to try it, I found my 30 gb Ipod and cable were stolen out of my glove compartment. I had to order another cable to go to the rca jacks and my phone. It still does not work. I tested the connection in the house on my stereo and works great, put it in my car playing, turned the key switch to turn on and went through all my next sources and nothing? Any idea?

Your Unit does not have that Option, would be the only other.........
Vehicle could have been ordered with the Auxillary, but not the Unit that utilizes it (not unusual)
Dealer could have swaped Radio out for different model. (I do it all the time)

Best thing would be to have the Dealer connect Scan Tool & check System to be sure that Option is available thru the Unit

est. aprx 1 hour of labor

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Should the display show aux along with the cd fm1 fm2 wx and so on? I have had it at the dealership before trying to find the right cd for my navigation, it is all factory. They programmed my keys and keyfobs with the scan tool and I had them pull the numbers off of the nav and was in contact with Cad support. They ended up not helping me.

If the unit is capable or has that option, there would be a AUX Button or AUX / Source display on screen when scrolling thru.
Most GM Dealers (not just Cadillac) should be able to scan system for different options